Supplemental Privacy Disclosure for California Residents
Last Updated: July 16, 2020.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”) establishes specific rights for California residents to control their personal information and requires businesses to provide specific information to California residents regarding how their personal information is collected, used, and shared.
1. Your RightsUnder the CCPA, California residents have certain rights to their personal information. If you are a California resident, you may exercise these rights as explained below.
When you submit a request to exercise your rights, we are required to verify that you are the consumer to whose personal information the request relates or a person authorized to act on that consumer’s behalf. If you submit your request using the automated tools provided in our Games, we will usually not need additional information to verify your request. For requests submitted by other means (for example, by email), we may ask you to provide additional information about the account to which the request relates to enable us to confirm that you are the account holder or acting on their behalf.
Right to Know. You have the right to know what personal information about you we collect, from which sources, for which purposes, and with whom we share it. You also have the right to request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. This request can be made free of charge twice in any 12-month period. Moreover, you have the right to know which categories of personal information we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
For information on what personal information we collect, from which sources, for which purposes, with whom we share it, and whether we disclose it for business purposes, please refer to section 2 of this Disclosure. In addition, section 3 of this Disclosure describes the extent to which we may “sell” your personal information in the meaning of the CCPA.
Following your deletion request, we may either erase or de-identify your personal information.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to direct us to not “sell” your personal information (please see Section 3 of this Disclosure for further details on what this means under the CCPA and the situations in which we might do so). If you decline to give consent or contact us to opt out, we will no longer share your identifiers and other information with our ad partners to make the ads you see more relevant to you. To exercise your right to opt-out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or decline to give consent to such sharing within a Game when you see a message asking for consent.
Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We regularly collect the following categories of personal information specified in the CCPA:
|Category of personal information||Examples||Sources|
|Identifiers||In-game alias, IP address, hardware or operating system based identifiers, email address, or identifiers we assign to your account.||Directly from you (including automatically when you interact with our Games), our advertising partners (to the extent you interact with our ads outside of our Games), third-party account providers (if you link a third-party account to our Games), or third-party payment service providers (if you make purchases in our Games).|
|Commercial information||Information regarding your virtual items or currency in our Games, including records of purchases you may have made.||Directly from you (including automatically when you interact with our Games) and third-party payment service providers (if you make purchases in our Games).|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Information on your activity in our Games (for example, your game progress or your interactions with ads in our Games).||Directly from you (including automatically when you interact with our Games), our advertising partners (to the extent you interact with our ads outside of our Games).|
|Geolocation data||Your coarse location (for example, country, state, or city), determined based on your IP address.||Directly from you (including automatically when you interact with our Games).|
|Inferences drawn from this information to create a profile about you||Your geolocation or preferences used to personalize our Games for you.||We make these inferences based on the other categories of information.|
We may use this information for the following business purposes specified in the CCPA:
- auditing related to an interaction with you and concurrent transactions,
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity,
- debugging to identify and repair errors in our services,
- short-term, transient uses,
- performing our services,
- internal research for technological development and demonstration, or
- activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services.
In addition, some features of our Games (for example, in-game chat, surveys, or tools used to contact our player support) may allow you to submit information about yourself to us. We may collect any information you choose to submit to us using these features. In addition to the personal information listed in the table above, this may include other categories of personal information specified in the CCPA, including:
- characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (for example, sex or age),
- any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code,
- professional or employment-related information, or
- education information (defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
3. How we may sell your personal informationUnder the CCPA, a business is required to provide notice to a consumer before the business sells the consumer’s personal information to third parties. the CCPA defines a “sale” as not only exchanges for monetary consideration, but also Disclosures of personal information for other valuable consideration.
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for money. However, we may disclose a limited amount of your personal information (i) to our advertising partners to enable them to deliver an ad that is relevant to you or (ii) to our marketing partners to enable them to send you relevant offers when you have opted in to such communication. This includes the following categories of your personal information:
- identifiers (generally including an advertising ID and your IP address for ad partners and name and email for marketing partners); and
- internet or other electronic network activity information (including technical information required to select and deliver the appropriate ad type and format).
If we have actual knowledge that you are under 16 years old, we will not sell your personal information without affirmative authorization.