At Tilting Point, we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success.
And nowadays we are looking for a Data Engineer who will build a complex data warehouse and ETL platform using a fresh stack of modern technologies.
As part of the team, you will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be in owning a complete project and developing tools and systems for internal stakeholders for improving User Acquisition and LiveOps. You will interface with various internal teams to understand their data needs and provide high quality data and insights which drive business value.
Your future at Tilting Point
- Work with data analysts, game producers, and customer service to help define technology needs for the logging, processing, storage and presentation of data in a manner that delivers business value
- Design, implement, maintain tools and reports for User Acquisition and LiveOps teams from start to finish
- Work with various internal teams to satisfy analytical needs by building both large systematic reports and small custom pieces
- Build data expertise and own data quality for a variety of products
Skills and requirements
- Bachelor+ in Computer Science
- 3+ years in software engineering
- 1+ year of experience as a Data Engineer working on big data analytics
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Understanding how to write good code
- Must know or be willing to learn Scala
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources and APIs
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Advanced English
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Apache Spark and Databricks
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow or similar job schedulers
- Experience in building ETL data pipelines
- Experience in mobile User Acquisition and Marketing
- Comfortable with AWS cloud (S3, EC2, RDS, EKS, MSK, Lambda, DynamoDB, Redshift)
This position is based in Barcelona.
What we offer
- Hybrid work-from-home policy based on your position, team, and personal preferences
- Flexible Working Hours
- Regular on-site team and office events
- Unlimited & self-policed Vacation Days
- 23 days of minimum mandatory vacation to be taken each year
- Home office expenses and equipment support
- Flexible Wellness & Sport monthly allowance
- Meal allowance (Ticket Restaurant)
- Unlimited Training & Development support
- Health Insurance Plan for you and your family (DKV Integral Elite)
- Sabbatical program for your 5th and 10th anniversary at Tilting Point
- Spanish and English language lessons
- Annual Tax Declaration support
- Work time reduction for new parents upon returning from Parental Leave
- Tax-free childcare payments for children under 3 years old (Ticket Guardería)
- Office in Gracia with drinks, coffee, healthy snacks and plug & play set up
- Relocation Support for EU, Swiss, Norwegian and Icelandic nationals
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
All submissions are confidential.
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.