At Tilting Point, we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success.
And nowadays we're looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Data team. It’s an opportunity to build a complex data warehouse and ETL platform using a fresh stack of modern technologies.
As part of the team, you will work on building and operating secure, reliable, and maintainable services in an event-driven architecture. You will collaborate with various internal teams and data engineers to create products which power live operations and Tilting Point’s Data Platform, serving billions of requests per day.
Your future at Tilting Point
- Elevate functionality, scalability and stability of petabyte-scale Tilting Point Data Platform
- Work with data analysts, game producers, and customer service to help define technology needs for the logging, processing, storage and presentation of data in a manner that delivers business value
- Design, implement and maintain tools for User Acquisition and LiveOps teams from start to finish
- Drive important architectural decisions with a high level of autonomy
Skills and requirements
- Bachelor+ in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years in software engineering
- Good knowledge of Java or Scala
- Understanding how to deliver a well-designed, high-quality code in a predictable manner
- Experience with cloud solutions: AWS or GCP
- Advanced+ English
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, protobuf
- Experience in Go or Python
- Experience in building real-time data processing platforms
This position is based in Barcelona.
What we offer
- Hybrid work-from-home policy based on your position, team, and personal preferences
- Flexible Working Hours
- Regular on-site team and office events
- Unlimited & self-policed Vacation Days
- 23 days of minimum mandatory vacation to be taken each year
- Home office expenses and equipment support
- Flexible Wellness & Sport monthly allowance
- Meal allowance (Ticket Restaurant)
- Unlimited Training & Development support
- Health Insurance Plan for you and your family (DKV Integral Elite)
- Sabbatical program for your 5th and 10th anniversary at Tilting Point
- Spanish and English language lessons
- Annual Tax Declaration support
- Work time reduction for new parents upon returning from Parental Leave
- Tax-free childcare payments for children under 3 years old (Ticket Guardería)
- Office in Gracia with drinks, coffee, healthy snacks and plug & play set up
- Relocation Support
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
All submissions are confidential.
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.