As a Senior Game Engineer at Wicked Realm you will join a team of experienced developers to support the world-class free-to-play mobile games and work with globally cherished licenses. We are a part of the Tilting Point family; we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success.
The ideal candidate will have experience in programming for the Unity engine, a web framework, and stellar documentation skills.
For this role, we're open to remote employees as long as you're able to work EST hours and reside in one of the following states by your start date: NY, NJ, CT, NH, MA, ME, CA, WA, AZ & FL.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for spinning up and maintaining working builds for development team-wide.
- Identify opportunities for tooling for increasing team productivity.
- Collaborate with art and design teams to create, maintain, and improve gameplay features and systems.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
- Respond to live operations issues, writing scripts to efficiently solve issues in bulk.
- Create technical documentation for better self servicing.
What We Seek
- Experience: Five or more years in software development or equivalent experience.
- Engine: Ability to work within Unity is a must, troubleshooting and experience in older builds of Unity is a plus.
- Database/SQL: Capable of safely running schema updates and scripts to adjust live player profiles in bulk.
- Code: Write clean code that is easily understandable and maintainable, but strike a balance between clean and optimized.
- Server: Experience working with server web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, to implement features from the client to the server.
- Debugging: Ability to investigate and debug platform specific issues with tools such as Xcode and Android Studio
- Strong communication skills: Convey ideas effectively verbally, visually and in written form.
- Experience authoring tools (in engine or otherwise) that empower content creators to efficiently work with game and gameplay systems.
- Experience with .NET Core
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.