As Corporate Counsel, you will be an important member of Tilting Point’s Legal team assisting the head of Legal and providing legal support across all of Tilting Point’s operations.
This position may be eligible for remote work depending on candidate location.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Manage full legal lifecycle of M&A deals, including strategic coordination with internal Business Development team, leading legal due diligence, and partnering with outside counsel as needed to negotiate, draft, execute, and perform post-signing follow-through for all major corporate transactions.
- Responsible for all internal corporate matters including liaising with foreign counsel on entity formation and management, drafting cross-border intercompany agreements, and other matters related to shareholders/financing.
- Drafting and evaluating a wide variety of agreements across Tilting Point’s internal and external operations, including corporate documents, NDAs, contractor and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, and mobile game publishing and user-acquisition agreements.
- Researching legal and practical matters relevant to Tilting Point’s business, keeping up to date on all relevant regulatory and legal developments in the game space (with an international scope), and creating and managing an internal legal knowledge base.
- Ensuring proper handling and timely escalation of issues within Business Development, Finance, Product, Customer Relations, and other relevant departments.
- J.D. or non US equivalent legal degree plus an LLM in US law from a US law school and admission to a state bar is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience practicing law with hands-on experience in M&A and corporate transactions, ideally with some exposure to IP-heavy transactions and corporate structures.
- Highly developed legal drafting, analytical, research, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set up and handle multiple priorities, manage and track the timelines and completion of multiple projects, and work under deadlines.
- Ability to distill and present complex legal matters in a clear and concise manner in communication with different internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations and a willingness to seek additional input when needed; ability to think about legal issues in a practical and interdisciplinary manner with a focus on solutions.
- Able to work well independently, but enjoys being part of a team in an agile and non-rigid organization; willing to take direction and prioritization when called for.
- Demonstrated interest or other background in media and entertainment (love of games a plus).
- 5-7+ years of experience, ideally with a mix of law firm (M&A/corporate) and in-house experience.
- Experience working on entertainment (games, audio, film, television, etc.) industry M&A deals and/or advising entertainment companies on internal corporate matters.
- Experience with cross-border tax matters (especially involving significant IP licensing/ownership) in the context of corporate and M&A transactions.
- Some experience with IP licensing and complex commercial agreements.
- Game industry experience (ideally in the mobile game space).
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently research and summarize novel areas of law for practical use and reference in the context of a company’s day-to-day business.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills along with a willingness to use these skills proactively to create and improve legal functions in an organization.
Choose Tilting Point for:
- A wide variety of benefits and perks including medical/dental/vision coverage, 401k with employer match, wellness stipends, unlimited PTO, inclusive and fully paid parental leave and much more!
- Continued opportunities to level up in your career
- Work with great people on great games that reach millions of players each month
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.