Tilting Point is looking for a collaborative team player with strong product and business instincts, excellent speaking and writing abilities, and deep relationships within the mobile games industry. The right person will have demonstrable experience navigating complex organizations, and exceptional skill in relationship management with the world’s leading platform holders. The candidate must have thorough knowledge and genuine interest in mobile gaming and a strong work ethic. He or she will lead and close partnership deals, influence greenlight decisions, and evangelize Tilting Point’s content offering to drive growth.
- Discover – identify new business opportunities to expand the reach of Tilting Point’s game portfolio; conduct market research on prospective game trends and emerging technology; apply a data-driven approach using available market data sources to assess and prioritize .
- Build – Establish and support Tilting Point’s stellar reputation with top strategic partners to ensure we are ahead of the curve on new gaming trends, initiatives and content formats.
- Analyze – work with Game Managers on our Power Up teams, and UA Leads on our Team Up team to formulate underlying assumptions and deal models for game development & acquisitions.
- Formulate, structure, and draft key terms (e.g. revenue share, minimum guarantees, marketing commitments) through discussions with Tilting Point’s executive team and financial modeling.
- Sell – market and promote Tilting Point’s games and services to emerging platforms and technology companies; prepare competitive bids and deliver formal presentations to convince potential partners of Tilting Point’s superior offering.
- Collaborate with the Platform Partnership and Marketing Partnership teams to outline and evangelize key organizational goals and new initiatives with the strategic platform partners.
- Summarize – create and deliver summary presentations incorporating game information, market data, developer background, quantitative and qualitative deal rationale, and other relevant information.
- Build consensus – organize and lead pitching of new game categories and opportunities to Tilting Point’s executive team.
Skills and qualifications
- Deep relationships in the game community within a minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in platform or developer relations roles.
- Polished professional with exceptional presentation and sales skills at the executive level.
- Strong strategic and financial acumen. Able to assess multiple business outcomes and derive models to maximize the opportunity.
- Familiarity with contract negotiation and closing. Work with legal to get a deal done and signed.
- Seasoned relationship manager with strong grasp of the soft skills required to affect change and open doors across large technology companies.
- Energetic, action-oriented self-starter that works well independently but seeks direction when appropriate.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate persuasively with all external business partners and internal collaborators.
- Collaborative team player, adept at building relationships across organizations and managing interdisciplinary teams on projects.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a love for games.
- Strong passion, knowledge, and experience in free-to-play mobile gaming.
- International work experience is a strong plus; domestic and international travel is required for this role.
- Passion for evolution of the game industry.
- MBA Preferred
About Tilting Point
Tilting Point is a new generation games partner for top independent development studios, with a focus on the rapidly growing mobile and tablet markets.
Tilting Point empowers developers with expert resources, services, and operational support to give carefully selected games mainstream success. The company adheres to a core philosophy of putting development talent first, advancing industry-leading analytics, and overcoming discoverability hurdles with aggressive, best-in-class marketing.
Tilting Point is based in Manhattan and is built from industry leaders from EA, Gameloft, Zynga, Kabam, and more. Now is your opportunity to be a part of a nimble and dynamic company poised for strong growth in mobile games, headquartered in one of the world’s greatest cities.
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.