As a UI/UX Designer at Remote Realm you will join a team of experienced developers to support the world-class free-to-play mobile games and work with globally cherished licenses. We are a part of the Tilting Point family; we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success.
The ideal candidate cares about making a great product both artistically and functionally, and is able to design in an iterative process to uncover the best solution. You understand established design patterns in the mobile game space, and design with best practices in mind. Your UI contributions are competitive with competitor products in the mobile space and reinforce an authenticity to the creative vision of our games.
What You’ll Do
- Create User Interface elements of exceptional visual and functional quality.
- Follow and contribute to a UI style guide outlining and defining the use of color, shape and state changes of the entire game interface.
- Develop wireframes, create mid-fi comps, storyboards, experience prototypes and detailed design specifications that describe the user experience to stakeholders.
- Develop and lay out functional UI screens, flows and prototypes within Unity.
- Creation of animations and user feedback visuals, while keeping within optimization limits.
- Incorporate iterative design, live data and user testing throughout the development process to validate assumptions and improve quality.
- Create concepts using a range of prototyping methods: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, video, paper or interactive models.
- Communicate and collaborate with other developers to create player-centric experiences and features.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant best practices, design tools and software; conduct secondary research into current and emerging trends in user needs and technology.
- Collaborate with Community and Player Support teams to identify and address player quality of life issues.
What We Seek
- Must have experience on at least one game title or equivalent live ops experience, ideally in the free-to-play/mobile market.
- 2+ years experience in the role of UI/UX Designer, UI Artist or Interaction Designer on game products and/or mobile products.
- Solid graphic design and compositional abilities using typography, layout, and color.
- Experience creating UI in the Unity game editor.
- BS or BFA ideally in Interaction Design, Web Design, or Graphic Design or similar experience.
- A Gamer with a passion for games, entertainment art and functional and effective design.
- Strong intuitions about what makes for highly usable and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement and social interaction.
- Mastery of Sketch and/or other programs to create Wireframes and Mockups
- Excellent English communication skills: written, presenting, oral
- Experience prototyping, testing, and iterating UX flows for mobile games or applications.
- Optional: Experience conducting user testing.
Note: It is helpful that submitted portfolios include:
- Example UI Elements for multiple game styles
- A wireframe that outlines functionality with annotations.
- Game interface examples.
Choose Tilting Point for:
- Great environment — where each individual makes a large impact
- Flexible Working Hours;
- Private Medical Insurance for you;
- Relocation Support;
- English language lessons.
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please. This role is not eligible for remote location or work from home at this time.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.