As a Lead Software Engineer for our Developer Relations team you will be a part of a core service at TiltingPoint which works with our internal and external developer partners. The team you lead is the primary point of contact for all things technical providing on the spot guidance and expertise. You will work with dozens of games and their developers and producers. In addition, you will own TiltingPoint’s SDK and tools development. Your goal is to ensure all of these developers have the tools and pipelines they need for their games to succeed. There is a large opportunity to grow in this role and is well suited to someone who wants to broaden their technical impact from just one particular game or system.
Your future at Tilting Point
- Closely work with product owners to ensure their specs have all of the information they need before handing the project over to engineering.
- Provide oversight on the systems being built by external partners to ensure they meet our requirements for tooling in live operated games.
- Be responsible for writing documentation covering technical specs, how-to guides for end users, sample code, and the occasional blog post.
- Become an owner and maintainer of an in-house SDK which provides the gateway to many of our and 3rd party services.
- Architect and build new tools for use across many products.
- Dive in to partners' games to help them out with bugs and features.
Your XP & Skills
- At least 1 year managing a team of 3+ engineers.
- Excellent communication skills written and oral. This role is highly interactive.
- Must have 1 shipped game on mobile (IOS/Android)
- 7+ years of professional development experience.
- 3+ years of Unity or proven ability to pick up frameworks like Unity quickly.
- Experience with building, debugging, and deploying cross platform applications across iOS and Android.
- Working knowledge of Git VCS.
- Ability to work productively with limited direction on a geographically distributed team.
- Positive attitude and love for video games.
Nice to haves
- Worked on fullstack systems using cloud providers such as Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience working in native mobile languages such as Obj-C/Swift and Java/Kotlin.