Tilting Point is looking for a Web Scraping Engineer to join our team in Saint Petersburg.
As part of the team, you will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data. The primary focus will be to oversee the extraction and transformation of web data for ingestion in our data store. You will interface with various internal teams to understand their data needs and provide high quality data and insights which drive business value.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Work with data analysts, game producers, and customer service to help extract data from websites for analysis and machine learning
- Work with various internal teams to satisfy analytical needs by building both large systematic reports and small custom pieces
- As the next step: design, implement, maintain and improve ETL processes
Your XP & Skills
- Minimum bachelor’s in Computer Science
- Proficient with Linux environment
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP, HTML, JS, JQuery, and XPath
- 2+ years developing production level scrapers
- 2+ years of experience with Python and SQL
- Experience in creating a web crawling framework
- Understanding how to write good code
- Upper-intermediate+ English
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in big data processing
Choose Tilting Point for:
- Startup environment – where each individual makes a large impact
- Ability to own technical direction of various products and systems
- Work with great people on great games that reach millions of people each month
- Career progression – work on the large-scale data processing platform as your next step
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please. This role is not eligible for remote location or work from home at this time.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.