Our Director of Engineering will lead several Data and Software Engineering projects at TiltingPoint’s satellite office in the Ukraine. In this role, you will need to provide our developer partners and internal teams the best data & tooling services offered for the mobile games market. You'll report directly to the VP of Engineering in New York and be part of a thriving environment through communication and excellence across teams and with clients. In addition, you’ll play a critical strategic part in shaping the future of Tilting Point and the future of our developer partners from around the world.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Lead and manage a software engineering teams and projects comprising of Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Tool Programmers, and Client Engineers in our Ukraine office
- Collaborate with VP of Engineering in NYC to build team roadmaps and schedules
- Facilitate and unblock both engineers and stakeholders by being the main point of contact for all things technical
- Gather requirements from complex initiatives and able to break down and generate specs
- Ability to prioritize: Establish metrics for determining ROI of any given project vs development efforts
- Interact on a daily basis with our NYC Engineering teams to make sure the projects are prepared and presented in the most efficient way
- Ability to dive straight into code is a must. Your excellent engineering skills will set the technical bar for your teams.
- No job is too small attitude: You will support non-technical stakeholders, spin up infrastructure, be on call, query data and do what it takes to keep teams running smoothly.
- Leadership:5+ years experience leading high-performing engineering teams.
- Must be familiar with Data Engineering and ETLs best practices.
- Must have a complete grasp of software engineering principles.
- Writing detailed specifications
- TDD / Unit tests
- Knowledge of SDLC and how to prioritize and communicate through the various stages of a project
- Positive attitude and a love for problem solving
- Must have solid programming skills and be expert level in at least two: Scala, Python, Java, Go
- Must have past experience building and hiring engineering teams
- You are fluent in English (written and oral), additional languages a plus
- Familiarity with Agile principles (Scrum and Kanban)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with advertising/marketing, growth marketing a plus
- Previous experience in mobile gaming
Choose Tilting Point for:
- Startup like environment – where each individual makes a large impact
- Ability to own technical direction of various products and systems
- Work with great people on great games that reach millions of players each month. Excellent location in Kyiv
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please. This role is not eligible for remote location or work from home at this time.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.