Tilting Point’s product management team is seeking a full-time Game Design Intern to assist in game evaluation, game balance/economy review, playtesting, systems design, and user interface and experience review, focusing primarily on free-to-play mobile games. This is a paid position.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Master the genre and market of games you work with
- Research and benchmark competitors and trends
- Provide insight and critique on the best practices you identify, and how / why they should or should not be brought to our live games
- Interact with developers to assist them in feature design and tuning of their game.
- Creating KPI/Data-driven design features, game economy, difficulty balancing, monetization, live-ops, and UI/UX designs. Ownership on major feature recommendations, implementation, & live-game performance
- Reviewing & providing feedback to developer’s game economy design, progression tuning, core loops, feature spec, and level balance
- Actively participate in the search for publishing/UA opportunities for Tilting Point
- Research the market and specific genres to look for opportunities and trends
- Pitch/target new games to for Tilting Point to publish
- Analyze potential of games based off of design, data, and UA performance
- Completed degree in game design or a related field, or relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of and interest in mobile, digital free-to-play, and other video games
- Strong verbal or written communication skills
- Ability to present to 3rd party developers on analysis of their games
- Strong interest in video games across all platforms with a focus on digital, mobile and free-to-play games
- Basic understanding of core mobile game metrics (retention, DAU, etc.)
- Ability to derive actionable insights from data analysis
- Driven to continue expanding game design capabilities, knowledge of market trends, and overall communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.