As a Game Designer at Remote Realm you will join a team of experienced developers to support the world-class free-to-play mobile games and work with globally cherished licenses. We are a part of the Tilting Point family; we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success.
The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding communication skills, development experiences mentoring designers, managing individuals and a passion for developing successful mobile games. This role will directly contribute to Tilting Point’s mission of becoming the top game developer, publisher and partner of choice for funding, marketing and co-development.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Lead a team of designers responsible for maintaining and designing content for a live mobile free-to-play game
- Ensure product quality through asset review, directing, and oversight of the production process
- Directly manage and mentor individual designers, provide observations and resolve conflicts
- Research and utilize industry best practices to create and balance game content, offers and live events
- Hands-on implementation/testing of game content using Unity, Perforce, markup languages and web tools
- Optimize development and live operations by collaborating with product managers, producers, engineers, and QA.
- Five or more years as a game designer or equivalent experience
- Experience working with junior developers and nurturing a team focused on humility and self improvement
- Strong understanding of design principles and economics involved in free-to-play design and a sincere desire to succeed in the market
- Demonstrated ability to make and execute on commitments and earn trust of colleagues
- Ability to both think at scale and evaluate the impact of their work on interconnected game systems and large populations of players
- We need designers who will strive to understand our players and come up with creative solutions and hypotheses
- Willingness to be wrong and learn to find multiple solutions to problems
- Love for the type of IPs we work on
- Convey ideas effectively verbally, visually and written, in both English and Russian
- Experience with spreadsheets, systems documentation, and version controls, ideally Perforce
- Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine. Scripting/Coding experience. Experience using YML, JSON, XML or similar markup languages would be a plus
- Flexible Working Hours
- Private Medical Insurance for you
- Relocation Support
- English language lessons
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please. This role is not eligible for remote location or work from home at this time.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.