As a Senior Game Designer at Wicked Realm Games you will join a team of experienced developers to create world-class free-to-play mobile games and work with globally cherished licenses. We are a part of the Tilting Point family; we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success.
The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, experience collaborating and owning critical game systems, outstanding communication skills and a passion for developing successful mobile games. This role will directly contribute to Tilting Point’s mission of becoming the top game developer, publisher and partner of choice for funding, marketing and co-development.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Utilize industry best practices to design, implement and balance major game systems, gameplay and content.
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, artists to deliver robust game systems on time and at exceptional quality.
- Contribute to and maintain design department resources and learnings through market research and application.
- Prototype gameplay and game systems using various game engines, spreadsheets or tools.
- Implement and test game content using Unity, Perforce, markup languages and other tools.
- Optimize development and live operations through process or tool improvements.
What We Seek
- Business-minded game designers: Strong understanding of design principles and economics involved in free-to-play design and a sincere desire to succeed in the market.
- Holistic thinkers: Ability to both think at scale and evaluate the impact of their work on interconnected game systems and large populations of players.
- Empathy and curiosity: We need designers who will strive to understand our players and come up with creative solutions and hypotheses.
- Humility: Willingness to be wrong and learn to find multiple solutions to problems.
- Authenticity: Love for the type of IPs we work on.
- Reliability: Demonstrated ability to make and execute on long term commitments and earn trust of colleagues.
- Strong communication skills: Convey ideas effectively verbally, visually and written.
- Toolbox: Experience with game engines, spreadsheets, systems documentation, and version controls.
- Bonus: Scripting/Coding experience. Experience using YML, JSON, XML or similar markup languages.
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.