Your Future at Tilting Point
- Develop wireframes, create mid-fi comps, storyboards, experience prototypes and detailed design specifications that describe the user experience to stakeholders and direct development activities from inception to implementation.
- Develop and lay out functional UI screens, flows and prototypes within Unity.
- Creation of animations and user feedback visuals, while keeping within optimization limits.
- Incorporate iterative design, live data and user testing throughout the development process to validate assumptions and improve quality.
- Create concepts using a range of prototyping methods: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, video, paper or interactive models.
- Communicate and collaborate with other developers to create player-centric experiences and features.
- Provide UX best practices and information on the latest trends in the industry to the company as well as mentor junior designers.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant design tools and software; conduct secondary research into current and emerging trends in user needs and technology.
- Collaborate with Community and Player Support teams to identify and address player quality of life issues.
Your XP & Skills
- Must have experience in a senior role shipping at least one game title or equivalent live ops experience, ideally in the free-to-play market.
- 5+ years experience in the role of UI/UX Designer or Interaction Designer on game products and/or mobile products.
- Experience creating UI in the Unity game editor.
- BS or BFA ideally in Interaction Design, Web Design, or Graphic Design or similar experience.
- A Gamer with a passion for games, entertainment art and functional and effective design.
- Strong intuitions about what makes for highly usable and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement and social interaction.
- Mastery of Sketch and/or other programs to create Wireframes and Mockups
- Excellent communication skills: written, presenting, oral.
- Experience prototyping, testing, and iterating UX flows for mobile games or applications.
- Optional: Solid graphic design and compositional abilities using typography, layout, and color.
- Optional: Experience conducting user testing.
Note: It is helpful that submitted portfolios include:
- A wireframe that outlines functionality with annotations.
- Game interface examples.
- Example UI elements.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.