At Tilting Point, we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success. Our Game Designer will own the product and team vision to create hit mobile games together with development partners. This key position will work closely with the Senior Leadership team to drive Tilting Point’s future and road toward becoming the top game publisher and partner of choice for funding, marketing and co-development.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Own and manage the creative vision of one or several games developed by our development partners
- Be the expert, main voice and decision maker for all creative aspects of your game(s) such as level design, UX design, system design, economy design, balancing & monetization strategies
- Work with both Tilting Point and external studio leads to define and iterate a product strategy which will lead to continuous growth for the game and the studio
- Work closely with Live Ops teams to define and execute a Live Ops strategy including in-game Events, Promotions and AB tests
- Handle hands-on day-to-day work related to level design, UX design, system design, balancing and economy
- Find growth and improvements opportunities in games that have been live for months, sometimes years
- Understand players behaviors, requests, desires and frustrations in order to improve retention and engagement
Your XP & Skills
- You have 2+ years of experience working on f2p mobile games
- You worked as a Game Designer, Systems Designer, Level Designer or Economy Designer on at least 2 live games, handling the design and release of several updates
- You have a broad understanding of all areas of game design and have expertise in at least one of them
- You have excellent Excel and analytical skills
- You have good judgment: you can take decisions despite ambiguity, thinking strategically and using data to inform your creative intuition
- You are Impact driven: you make your team better, you focus on results, you accomplish amazing amounts of meaningful work (as opposed to useless hours)
- You are Passionate: you inspire through your drive for excellence, you care deeply about our players and your colleagues, you are optimistic
- You are Creative: you find simple solutions to hard problems, you challenge the status quo, you create new features that generate better and stronger experiences
- You are fluent in English (written and oral), additional languages a plus
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!).
Direct applicants only – No agencies/headhunters please. This role is not eligible for remote location or work from home at this time.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.